It’s been a crazy day! Between meetings and a late lunch, I have been running like crazy! Then I get home and we have to make something for a pot luck dinner and fast! Well! Tortellini salad with broccoli, red peppers, and pine nuts was the first thing to come to mind. It’s easy and fast to make. Tasty. And everyone will eat it!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar or more to taste.
Mix all the ingredients and set aside.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Add in the broccoli florets about 3 minutes. Remove and rinse in cold water. I do an ice bath. Add the red peppers for 10 seconds. Remove and put into ice bath. Let sit for several minutes. Rinse and then pat very dry with a paper towel.
- Add salt to the boiling water and then drop in the tortellini. Cook for 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Put tortellini into a large bowl. Add broccoli, red peppers, and pine nuts.
- Add dressing mix everything together.
- Let salad sit for a least 20 minutes. This helps the flavors blend well. You can add Parmesan cheese.
This is best served at room temperature. That’s why it’s great for a pot luck!