Doesn’t that look absolutely scrumptious? That is Pizza-nini. One of the recipes in an article I found several weeks ago on Meatless Monday! I never thought much about Meatless Monday, because I go meatless everyday. And I realize that what works for me is not everyone’s thing to do. So, I am not one of those people who feel the need to get everyone to go vegetarian. I do like to get out recipes that everyone can enjoy! After all, we have to eat, so why not eat something that tastes good? And if it is healthier, all the better.
Even if you don’t want to go vegetarian, think about going meatless once a week. That one day may reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. And at the same time, you can help reduce our carbon footprint and save precious resources like fossil fuels and fresh water. Easy Peasy
So Check The 17 Recipes!
The vegans should stay away from this one (or use substitutes). Add some veggies to make it go from Pizza-nini to Veggie Supreme. I would definitely go full Veggie Supreme! Full recipe with photos here.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons pizza or marinara sauce
- A handful of shredded parmesan cheese
- A handful of shredded 4-cheese mix (I wasn’t kidding about literally taking your life into your hands)
- Optional: A blend of green peppers, mushrooms, onions and spinach to make a Veggie Supreme. Feel free to add toppings as desired. Go big or go home.
- Sauté or grill your vegetables for 5 minutes. #SpoonTip: You can use your panini maker to grill, if you’re feeling inventive.
- Preheat your panini maker to medium heat.
- Evenly spread pizza sauce on one slice of bread. It’ll get messy, but you could also put sauce on BOTH slices of bread (omg!).
- Sprinkle your shredded cheese on the saucy slice of bread (sickest band name ever?).
- Layer your chosen toppings/vegetables on that same slice of bread.
- Assemble your sandwich and pop it in the panini maker for 7-10 minutes. This one takes a bit longer to cook, so you’ll have to be a bit patient, but it’s sooo worth the wait.
- Satisfy your pizza cravings, and revel in the fact that you didn’t need no delivery man to satisfy them for you.